The APeX Host Coordinator position is responsible for APeX’s “open to all” social events including the munches and Meet & Greet, and Ds discussion group.
Host Coordinator is responsible for:
- Finding a host for each Sunday Munch, North Country Munch and Meet-and-Greet event held by Albany Power eXchange. Ensuring the Ds discussion group has a moderator and topic for their next gathering.
- In the event that they cannot find a host, hosting the event themselves or contacting the board for assistance.
- Following up with the host/moderator after each event in order to get a status report on how the event in question went.
- Reporting any problems to the APeX Board of Directors.
- Ensuring that each host has a package of hosting supplies (name tags, markers, etc.) prior to the event & retrieving remaining supplies after the event for future use.
- Procuring name tags and markers as needed to restock hosting supplies (expenses to be reimbursed by APeX.
- Contacting each venue in advance to confirm time & availability.
- Assisting in promotion of each event on FetLife, Yahoo groups, and other appropriate media.
Note: Jackie may be contacted for assistance in finding a host for the NCM. Event Hosts are responsible for: (All Events)
- Greeting each member and providing name tags for them.
- Ensuring new members are introduced around to existing members.
- Ensuring any furniture moved or other changes to the venue are returned to a “how we found it” state.
- Encouraging attendees to depart at the established end time for the event so that the venue may clean up or close on time. (Especially important for the Meet & Greet).
(Sunday Munch Only)
- Coordinating setup and return of tables into the APeX configuration.
- Collecting receipts from each member who attends – turn all of these in when requested to the venue.