The members of Albany Power eXchange (APeX) agree to and are bound by the following terms of membership:
I am aware that APeX is a social, educational, and support group for those who engage BDSM practices. I understand that APeX must maintain a responsible public image and will do nothing to tarnish this. I understand, that membership in Albany Power eXchange (APeX) is open to legal adults.
1. I understand the subject matter and nature of the practices of consensual bondage and discipline, sadomasochism, power exchange between willing and consenting adults, homosexuality, bisexuality, heterosexuality, fetishism, and other related sexual or dominance-and-submission activities. In all activities of the club, I will obtain knowing, informed consent of those with whom I am interacting and am aware that consent can be withdrawn at any time.
2. I state and agree that I find none of these subjects or activities offensive or objectionable. I wish to be a member of Albany Power eXchange (APeX) for the purpose of learning more about these subjects, including safety issues relating to BDSM and the ethical values of the BDSM community, and to socialize with others who have these subjects as a genuine interest.
3. I recognize that in order to teach the subject matter effectively, some of the programs sponsored by Albany Power eXchange (APeX) may be sexually explicit. I consent to the explicit nature of such programs and certify that this does not make them offensive or objectionable to me. I may be exposed to sexually explicit content during meetings and from mailings I may receive at the email address provided when I join or at addresses I may later provide.
4. I accept that there is nothing illegal involved in the posting, etc. of sexually explicit messages, electronic mail, and files. I agree not to disseminate proprietary or classified information on or from the mailing list. I will neither conduct nor co-ordinate illegal activities via on-line messages or in another manner.
5. I agree not to bring or consume any alcoholic beverage or illegal drug at any meeting, program, or gathering sponsored by Albany Power eXchange except that I may consume alcoholic beverages at an event held in a bar, restaurant, or hotel where the sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages is legal and expected.
6. I agree not to use any camera, cell phone camera, PDA, or other video recording device, or audio recording device at any meeting, program, or gathering sponsored by Albany Power eXchange (APeX) unless authorized by the Organizers of the event. I further agree that should any camera, video recording device, or audio recording device be found to be in use without authorization at an APeX event by me or by someone acting on my behalf, such equipment will be subject to immediate confiscation and all its film, media, or recording data will be subject to immediate destruction.
7. I recognize that BDSM and the related activities described in above carry inherent risks. I assume the risk of physical and emotional injury incident to my participation at meetings, programs, and gatherings sponsored by Albany Power eXchange, and I waive any claim of liability that might arise against Albany Power eXchange (APeX), or its officers, directors, committee chairpersons and committee volunteers, or members, from my participation at meetings, programs, and gatherings sponsored by APeX or from my use of information or techniques learned at such meetings, programs, and gatherings.
I understand that a violation of the above terms may result in the forfeiture of my membership and a revoking of access privileges. In addition, I am aware that membership may be revoked or denied at the APeX’s discretion at any time for any reason. Anyone who has previously been suspended for any reason will be denied reapplication for a period of one year.
All registration information is considered to be confidential and will not be used for any purpose other than the maintenance of the system database files nor will it be released to anyone not connected with the operation of Albany Power eXchange (APeX). APeX does not allow access to member personal information to anyone for any reason.