Albany Power eXchange (APeX) Inc. offers membership benefits and privileges to members who wish to support our efforts by formally joining the club. Most APeX events are open to members and non-members alike, but membership provides many benefits and privileges. Your paid membership helps support APeX and enables us to bring great events and presenters to the Albany area.
How much does it cost?
The APeX membership year runs from March 1st to February 28th. You can buy or renew your membership in person from a Board Member or our Membership Coordinator at any APeX event. Annual dues for membership are $36/year for singles, $62/year for couples. Poly groups may join as a couple ($62) for the first two members then add on additional members for $21/year per person. We can accept cash, check, or credit cards in person. If you join in the middle of the year, a pro-rated discount is available based on the time of year that you join.
Come see us at one of our monthly social events to join or renew. You can also grab some of our great APeX T-Shirts and pins at the same time as your membership!
What the Benefits of APeX Membership?
- Membership card which entitles you to discounts at select vendors and clubs
- Voucher for free admission to one standard educational event ($10 value, non-transferrable)
- Priority registration (before non-members) for all APeX events
- Discounted ticket prices to all APeX special events, educational events, and the Fandango
- Discounts at several national events
- Discounts at select BDSM toy and leather vendors
- (See our Member Discounts page for the current list of vendors and events where your APeX membership card entitles you to discounts.)
- Invitation to member’s only mailing list for early notifications of events and other members’ only information
- Reciprocity with other BDSM groups
- Access to members-only events and play parties
- Borrowing rights for print and video resources through The Library Contessa
- Opportunity to vote and run for a seat on the Board of Directors (must be a member for > 6 months to run or vote)
In addition to those benefits, the APeX Board of Directors is always looking for ways to increase the value of APeX membership. Additional special benefits are offered from time to time throughout the year.
Is paid membership required to participate in APeX?
Absolutely not! Most of our events are open to members and non-members. Some events and venues do require that non-members be accompanied by a member who can vouch for them. It’s also possible that certain classes and special events may fill up with APeX members (who get first priority for registration).
All APeX social events like our munches and Meet & Greet are open to all. Come out and meet us over a tasty meal and find out what APeX is all about.
How can I join?
After you have attended a few public gatherings you may request an APeX membership. Look for a member of the Board of Directors or our Membership Coordinator to get started. Check out our current volunteer directory to find out who’s who. All members must agree to abide by the APeX Terms of Membership.
You may also join by mail. Please make check or money order payable to “Albany Power eXchange, Org.” See the Contact Us page for address information.
Thank you for your interest in Albany Power eXchange (APeX).